Wonk News soft-launched a week ago today, so let’s crunch some numbers to see how we’re doing…
- 11 readers have contributed links, half of whom have contributed more than one.
- Only 29 comments across the entire site thus far. Discussion clearly hasn’t exploded yet.
- 40 readers have signed up to the site, almost all of which are connected to Twitter accounts (as you can see, @wonknews is only following 45).
- 50 wonk-tastic links! What’s impressive is that we reached this milestone only three days since we passed the 30 link milestone — notable because it meant we had more links than could fit on a single page!
- 70+ readers have come to us through search engines, and plenty of their key words have related to topics linked on the site, rather than the site itself. Very encouraging. Try an example search for a relevant term.
- 78 followers of the @wonknews Twitter feed. Hopefully this will have a positive effect on the numbers above.
- 110+ votes for deserving links, from 23 readers — that’s just over half the Wonk News registered “electorate”.
- 650+ unique visitors!
- 2000+ page views! Pretty happy with the 52% bounce rate, at least this early on.
Thanks so much to our early adopter readers — without your interest, involvement and contribution, Wonk News would be dreadfully uninteresting. The fact that it is not, after only one week in action, is a wonderful sign for the future of the site.